All SISTER garments are designed and produced in Melbourne, Australia.
Our SISTER studio is located in Brunswick, where we design, pattern make, sample and sometimes produce small runs. We are a little team who work full time between our studio and store.
SISTER garments are manufactured around the corner from our studio in Brunswick by a small family run business. We stay on top of quality and production with weekly visits to our factory, which allows us to work closely with our makers. Manufacturing locally is important to us, because we love being hands on throughout the process. We also love the opportunity to support local business and to connect with our community.
Sustainable practice in the SISTER studio is always front of mind. Our garments don't have to travel far, so we do our bit to reduce carbon emissions by keeping production local. We also ensure our finished garments are kept plastic packaging free.
We practice the following in the SISTER studio to minimise and utilise waste:
- We design patterns to ensure minimal fabric waste.
- We create small items, like scrunchies, to reuse fabric scraps.
- We donate leftover fabric to local kindergartens, schools and artist studios.
- We pick up our finished garments on hangers with no plastic packaging. We recycle the hangers and return them to the factory for reuse on our next production run.
- We reuse all our swing tags in store and we don’t use swing tags for online orders to minimise waste.
For more information contact - email@example.com
Photography by: Madeleine Burke